[mythtv-users] Greater Toronto Area

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Sat May 21 14:56:25 UTC 2005

> Is there anything "behind the scenes" that i can do to force Cable 6
> to always record on tuner 1? (i.e. fiddle with priorities somewhere in
> Mythtv?)

Yes.  Using mythtvsetup, adjust the channel's priority on tuner 1 so
that it is higher than the channel on tuner 2.  Unless there is no
other option, it will prefer tuner 1.

(The other way to do it is by editing the 'channel' table of the
mythconverg database.. You're looking for 'recpriority' or
'chanpriority', I can never remember which.)

If you absolutely NEVER want it to record on tuner 2, you can tweak
the database so that channel is not available on that tuner (or
'sourceid').

Sorry for the lack of details.  Nowhere near my mythbox right now. :(

--
Ian Trider
iantri at gmail.com