[mythtv-users] DVB AC3 Audio Only Rear Channels

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sat May 21 16:36:47 UTC 2005

Hello All,

I've been using myth for a while with the HD-3000 and occasionally
I'll set up to record a movie and it'll record but when I play it back
it will only playback the rear audio channels.  There is no speech,
just music occasionally and some sound effects.  I'm using TS mode and
even when I playback the broken stream in mplayer it only has the rear
channel audio information.

  I'm using /dev/dsp and I've tried using ALSA but it doesn't seem to
fix the problem.  The weird thing is other recordings of movies and
stuff from the same channel will work just fine.  For example, I
recorded "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and then later on the
same channel I recorded "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets".

  The Sorcerer's Stone worked like a charm but the Chamber of Secrets
only has the rear channel info.  I thought maybe it was an audio pid
thing but there's only one audio pid with the recordings.

Thanks,
-Greg