[mythtv-users] intermittent pauses (every 5 sec) in MythTV 0.18

Elvis Chen chene77 at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 22:43:00 UTC 2005

hi all,

I just installed MythTV 0.18 on a Suse 9.2 system with the following
hardwares:

- A7S9X-mx with onboard video (sis 741gx) and onboard sound (SoundMax,
AC'97)
- AMD athlon-xp 2400+ with 1GB (512MB x2) of RAM
- ATI TV-wonder (audio-out connected to the AUX input of the onboard sound)
- seagate PATA 200GB, DMA enabled

I managed to install MythTV onto this system after a long tweaking process.
First off, there was a driver issue with TV-wonder in which the tuner type
was incorrectly detected (type 19 instead of type 2), resulting in
black/white/garbage pictures.  Finally found what the problem was and
corrected.

Also managed to fix the audio sync problem when watching "live" tv.  I have
to use amixer to enable recording (and muting) of AUX input.

The problem I'm having right now is that, when watching "live-tv" (which is
actually about 3 second delay with real tv), I'm experiencing intermittent
pauses about every 5 seconds.  UDMA1-100 *IS* enabled for the HD, and I
belive my CPU is faster enough and have sufficient RAM.

When the pause occurs, I DO notice that the HD is making some sound (i.e.
writing/reading).  But since UDMA is already enable, what else can I do to
fix this problem?

any help is very much appreciated,