[mythtv-users] Re: mythtvsetup hangs

Reggie Braswell reggman at gmail.com
Sun May 22 06:17:05 UTC 2005

Not sure what created these phantom directories in /home, but I can
tell you possibly why mythtvsetup is complaining about them

If you run ls -al on /home and see

drwx---------------------

Then you don't have permissions to see them

You could run

# su -

Then

chmod 744 /home/data and then /home/menutest
and chown mythtv:mythtv /home/data and then /home/menutest

Also what are your permissions on /var/lib/mythtv?

More details on what your distro / install source may help to shed light here?

Guys feel free to comment on what I listed here...

Thanks Regg