[mythtv-users] Keys for mplayer

Karsten Jeppesen karsten at jeppesens.com
Sun May 22 08:27:56 UTC 2005

Juan Jesús García de Soria Lucena wrote:

>Hello.
>
>2005/5/22, Karsten Jeppesen <karsten at jeppesens.com>:
>

>>I can't get mplayer to recognize the keyboard. No keys seems to work.
>>My setup is not typical. I am running FC3 as a minimal install and then
>>I installed X on top. X, mythBackEnd and MythFrontEnd are all called
>>from scripts.
>>

>Maybe you're having focus problems, so your keystrokes go to
>mythfrontend instead of going to mplayer. Which window manager are you
>using in your launch scripts? Is it properly configured?

I am using Xorg and the /etc/X11/xorg.conf should be fine. I am doing
this also to get better in my understanding of the X system.
Basicalle I am starting Xorg, then mythbackend and then mythfrontend.
There is of course a bit more to it as I detect if any of the components
fail and then get them restarted. But I am not running twm if that is
what you ask. Maybe that is the problem?

Karsten