[mythtv-users] 1920x1080 vs. 1920x1088 HDTV streams

Bernd Paysan bernd.paysan at gmx.de
Sun May 22 22:30:50 UTC 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 23:51, Bernd Paysan wrote:
> The MPEG stream recorded by the Windows software also reports
> 1920x1080 size, but plays fine in Mplayer. I suppose it's more likely
> a driver problem, and the broken MPEG stream under Linux is the
> result (too much bandwidth or whatever).

I tried the TS ("transport stream" instead of "program stream") option
in the card setup, and it reduces the numbers of errors almost to zero
(as the option's tooltip tells). This solves the problem. The recorded
ProSieben HD stream is good enough (even though the signal ATM isn't
that good - thunderstorms over Munich), and mplayer can play it as well
(actually, mplayer is able to play this stream with about 60% CPU load,
while Mythtv needs almost 100% for the live TV).

--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/