[mythtv-users] Installing CVS on xbox, ./configure issues

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:50:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

  I run CVS on my frontend/backend machine, and I run the debian
packages on my xbox.  However, I've recently updated my backend to
latest CVS and it's changed the protocol version.

I've downloaded Mythtv from CVS to the xbox; however, when I run
./configure I get this:

# ./configure --enable-proc-opt
WARNING: include the output of ./configure along with
any bug report, when using a processor optimized build.
# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              x86 (model name        : Celeron (Coppermine))
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes
Vector Builtins  no

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     no
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      no [/usr/src/linux-2.4.29-xbox/include]

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     no
aRts support     no
JACK support     no

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   no
xv support       yes
XvMC support     no
XvMC VLD support no
OpenGL vsync     no
DirectFB         no

Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

It shows the lirc isn't supported and that alsa isn't supported.
Shouldn't both of those be yes?  If I put the flags in the command
like to enable them, they still show up as no.  Any ideas? (Yes, lirc
is installed... and I'm pretty sure ALSA is too).

Matt