[mythtv-users] Attention "24" watchers: check your upcoming recordings

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Mon May 23 01:53:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 11:29:59AM -0400, Kyle Rose wrote:
> Just a public service announcement: if you have "24" set up to record
> with "In this timeslot every week," be aware that you do not currently
> have an upcoming recording for tomorrow night's finale because it starts
> at 8 and is two hours.

Yeah, people don't realize it sometimes that Record in this timeslot
every week is really not much more than a slightly smart manual recording
with name detection.

I'm curious as to why you used that as your profile rather than a plain
"Record on any/this channel" with "Record new only?"  What you say might
help improve the interface.

(Of course I also realize that with some shows, record-new-only can fail
you due to errors in the listing data, as can be the case for The Daily
Show.)

While all the choices are great, it might be good for the interface to
offer a "main" set of choices with all the others as a specialty menu.

For Series:

        Record New shows of this series
        Record New shows and reruns of this series
        Record this particular episode

For non-series:
        Record this show

And go into sub-menus to set specific channels (though channel and tuner
priorities should fix that most of the time) or shows with strange repeat
patterns (daily show etc.)