[mythtv-users] Frontend crashes when exiting Watch-TV and Watch Recording

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 22:38:20 UTC 2005

--- Pete Frankenberg <pete at futrix.com.au> wrote:

> I have just upgraded to 0.18 (debian package), and
> now suddenly have the
> following probem:
>
> Every time I exit Live TV or exit watching a
> recording (using ESC), the
> frontend crashes. Nothing appears in the frontend
> log file.

This is likely due to the fact that the new 0.18
debian binary packages have opengl vsync enabled. The
previous 0.17 packages did not. IIRC, in the past
Isaac has recommended binary distributions not have
this enabled.  I'm not sure if the opengl vsync
segfaults have been addressed with the current cvs,
but you might give it a try or rebuild the packages
without opengl vsync.

--
Taylor