[mythtv-users] VCR video to MythTV (USB, 1394 or S-Video capture solutions)

karmabreath-myth at yahoo.com karmabreath-myth at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 03:18:17 UTC 2005

 Wouldn't the simple solution be:

 1) Run the cable/satellite connection into the VCR's TV-INPUT.
 2) Split the VCR's output: 1 - To TV, 2 - To Mythtv box.

 Then, the input will come from the cable/satellite (if you have
 analog
 cable, and you are using the capture card tuner, as long as the VCR
 is
 off and passing the signal though. When it is desired to capture the
 output of a tape, you set the mythbox to manually record channel 3
 for
 the duration of the tape.

 This works for me, with a cable tv setup and a VCR.
 Hope I've understood the problem/explained this correctly (been a
 long day).