[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-500 for $127 shipped on Amazon

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Wed May 25 18:32:32 UTC 2005

On 5/25/05, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/25/05, Xiaotian Sun <sun.xiaotian at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 5/25/05, james houston <jesushouston at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Check it out here:
> > >
> > > http://tinyurl.com/92kh8
> > >
> > > Looking thru the archives it seems some people have
> > > gotten this card to work perfectly and others have
> > > only gotten static from it.
> > >
> > > Anyone care to weigh in...
> >
> > I'm getting good pictures, but having IRQ/DMA troubles using the
> > latest 0.3.x development driver.  It spits out
> >
> > ivtv: IRQ: IVTV_IRQ_DEC_DMA_ERR
> >
> > message from time to time and causes machine lock-up.
>
> Xiaotian ,
>
> what motherboard and chipset are you using?

There appears to be a known problem with VIA-based motherboards and
PVR500. My Soyo Dragon2 KT880 won't even boot as long as PVR500 is
plugged in. ASUS released a BIOS update for their boards, but they
seem to be the only one, SOYO's latest BIOS still does not work with
PVR500.

--
Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net