[mythtv-users] OT: RG-6 crimping question

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed May 25 18:44:14 UTC 2005

Ryan A. Carris wrote:
> On the topic, what do you consider a good splitter?  The ones comcast
> usually gives me look like the cheepies at the home improvement store.
>  I've tried the $2 splitter, the $8 RCA gold plated splitter and even
> the $25 Monster super-duper all gold splitter.

Around here, Cox uses splitters on which the back cover is soldered into place.
 Even with good-quality cable, I was having some interference problems with TV
and flaky cable-modem service.  One of their techs replaced my cheapie splitter
(on which the lid is usually just glued in) with one of theirs, and the
problems cleared right up.  I've tried finding similar splitters in the local
stores, but have come up empty.

  _/_