[mythtv-users] ivtv compile and build

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:53:46 UTC 2005

Progress so far:

 1. Fedora Core 3 installed on a new AMD64 machine.
 2. MythTV downloaded from CVS, as of today (25 May).
 3. Successful compile, mythtv-setup runs thru General just fine.

Next step, installing the drivers for a PVR-350 card.

Would anyone care to offer places to look for a set of steps
that would help me compile, build, and install ivtv ?

I've been looking for Blogs, Howto's, mailing-list messages,
where someone might have listed the steps necessary for
compiling ivtv from source and getting all the other pieces
put together.

Right now, it looks like a much larger task than all the preceding
steps combined.  For example, it appears that the kernel source
must be installed just so ivtv will compile.

Eventually, assuming I can get ivtv installed by compiling from source,
I will document the process, so anyone else who goes the AMD64 route
can have something to refer to.

Thanks for any pointers, advice, or uproarious laughter you might have.

--
MM