[mythtv-users] PVR-150 status?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Thu May 26 16:12:14 UTC 2005

> Not sure. the most obvious good feature about the 150 is contrary to
> the Hauppage site which says the '150 is the priced reduced version of
> the 250' it appears that the 150 with the 0.3.3k driver is actually
> dual tuner. However I haven't tried recording from the second tuner
> yet.

And you won't be able to record anything from the second tuner, because
the 150 is _not_ a dual-tuner device, unlike the PVR-500, which is.

Any "Tuner 1" you find on a PVR device isn't really there, in the same
way that my PVR-250's don't have 4 S-Video inputs.  As stated in the
HOWTO, only the lowest numbered device in each class is actually there.

So on a PVR-500, you get /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 and you'd use the
Tuner 0 on each one.