[mythtv-users] Mythtv & Samsung 16T202DA1E VFD

Craig Read craigread at csi.com
Fri May 27 14:16:51 UTC 2005

Craig Read wrote:

> Nathan Manzi wrote:
>

>> Could you please tell/point me to how I set it up in LCDd.conf?
>>
>> - Nathan Manzi
>>
>> Paul Woodward wrote:
>>
>>> I can concur. I hooked the one from my D-Vine 5 up to the parallel
>>> port and got it working with LCDProc as a HD44780.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>

> Nathan, do you have the parallel one or the USB one?

For anybody else with the USB version of this (as comes with some Accept
HT400 cases), you can find drivers here:  http://venky.ws/projects/imon/
and make sure you get lirc version 0.7.1  (with drivers for the imon
remotes).  Next step for me is to get the mythtv - lirc connection setup
the way I want.

Unfortunately, my remote (the imon-pad) doesn't have dedicated "arrow"
keys but uses a mouse or joystick style controller.  I'm not sure how to
get irrecord to give me meaningful values for it (they change a lot).
But it's working (although needs some remapping).

I must say, having the VFD and remote going (instead of using an IR
keyboard) makes the system much more usable. :)

Craig...