[mythtv-users] Re: [OT] *Real* High-Def TV!

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Fri May 27 16:01:12 UTC 2005

> I was looking at TVs at Best Buy recently and thought it was funny
> that they had HDCP on all the sets as if it were a feature.

Sadly, it's a feature in the same sense that a robber that takes only
appliances and not jewelry is a feature that might make him more
acceptable than a robber who steals everything: if you have an
HDCP-crippled up-rezzing DVD player (like I do) that outputs hi-def only
on HDMI/HDCP, then you probably want a TV that supports HDCP.  Bleh.

Kyle