[mythtv-users] periodic crackly audio

Brian Stults bstults at crim.ufl.edu
Sat May 28 04:22:01 UTC 2005

I am using a PVR-350 to record TV, and an SB Live! 5.1 (via spdif) for
audio.  When watching live or recorded TV, I experience "crackly" audio
periodically.  I cannot discern a pattern, though it seems to happen
every minute or so.  It also seems more likely when there is
high-pitched sounds (such as applause), but not always.  It lasts for
about 1 second, and then goes back to normal.

This is really annoying, and is the last problem I have to solve.  Any

Things I've tried:

- use msp3400 module from both ivtv and from kernel
- adjust audo bitrate in recording profiles
- select "extra audio buffering"
- lower recording and playback volume

Nothing seems to make a difference.