[mythtv-users] mythfrontend related kernel oops after upgrade

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sat May 28 05:23:56 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Jason Mollman <jasonmollman at atlanticbb.net> wrote:
> True, and I'm going through them. But I thought I'd mention it here given the
> reference to mythfrontend.
>
> And yes, I know how to use google and the ivtv maillist thanks.
>

> On Friday 27 May 2005 11:39 pm, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > On 5/27/05, Jason Mollman <jasonmollman at atlanticbb.net> wrote:
> > > Yesterday I upgraded my FC3 install via ATRPMS. Afterward, I can no
> > > longer watch livetv. I only get the EPG, then a black screen. Syslog
> > > shows a kernel oops related to mythfrontend.
> >
> > Searching google turned up lots of hits for  "ivtv: No memory on
> > buffer alloc!" many of them on the ivtv mailing list (where this
> > thread belongs).

I had a similar problem today. apt-get dist upgrade downgraded my
kernel. Very wierd, didn't think it was supposed to automagically
upgrade the kernel, let alone downgrade it. Either way, it did not
install any of the kernel modules (ivtv, alsa, lirc, etc.), so after a
reboot, the X server wouldn't start. Had to ssh in, at which point I
could have just booted the old kernel, but instead I upgraded (for
real this time) and installed the modules.
Probably a different issue then what you're seeing, but thought I'd
throw it out there...
--Garry