[mythtv-users] Re: MythWifi Remote Control plugin

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun May 29 08:24:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 03:20:59PM -0700, Jon Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 01:15 +0000, Femi Veys wrote:
> > I have made a Remote Control plugin. It is still in an early stage, but
> > neverethless usable yet.
> > It is intended for a PDA to be used as remote control using the wireless
> > network interface. It consists of a plugin and a webinterface.
> > The plugin uses bidrectional socket communication. So a Java client can be
> > possible too. For now I have used a webinterface as most PDA's have a
> > browser.
> > The webinterface is highly customizable as the layout is stored in the
> > database.
> > You can find all information and source code on my site:
> > http://studwww.ugent.be/~aveys/mythwifi/
> >
> > I hope it can be of use to anyone. Don't hesitate to contact me if you
> > have any questions.

> Well... I tried to install but I needed qmake, which apparently resides
> within the qt-devel package. However, when I tried to apt-get install
> qt-devel I got the following:
>         Depends: libpng-devel but it is not going to be installed
>         Depends: xorg-x11-devel but it is not going to be installed

Try digging further by asking apt to install the failed dependencies
(e.g. xorg-x11-devel), this will reveal more on the obstruction. If
the next depenency error is still confusing repeat until you find the
offending package.

> If I switch over to at-bleeding

Why should you do that? Is your installation based off at-bleeding?
Please avoid at-bleeding for such operations, it is unlikely that it
will do more good than harm you.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net