[mythtv-users] recording priorities

Phil Vid phil.vid at gmail.com
Sun May 29 23:45:53 UTC 2005

> > OK, summarizing my understanding of the situation:  Myth recorded
> > programs 2 and 3 instead of programs 1 & 2.  Assuming everything else
> > you described is correct (priorities, etc.), then perhaps progam 1
> > occurs again at a future time.  If so, Myth realized that if it recorded
> > programs 1 and 2, it won't be able to record program 3, but since
> > program 1 re-airs, it decided to record a future showing.
>
> This is how I would interpret the outcome too - otherwise it likely
> would have recorded P1 on input 1, and P2 and P3 on input 2 without
> the 10 minute overrecord.

Sorry, I missed the bit where I actually explain the outcome :)

P1 recorded correctly from 7-9.10 on input 1, P2 records without the
overrecord on input 2 from 7.30-8.30 and P3 kicks off on input 2 at
8.30 until 9.30 overriding the overrecord. My expectation was that P3
would not be recorded in this case as both tuners would be busy.

This doesnt intuitive to me but if there is a workaround using
priorities I can use that instead for the time being.

phil