[mythtv-users] EPG data from DVB(-T)

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:52:05 UTC 2005

On 5/31/05, James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/05, Dirk Aust <dirk_aust at gmx.de> wrote:
> > That might be right, but nevertheless, scanning around all DVB-EGP enabled
> > channels would also be a good idea, isn't it?
>
> In the UK at least there's no need, afaik the full EPG is broadcast on
> all 6 multiplexes.

Whilst EPG data is broadcast on all multiplexes in the UK it's not all
the same. For example, some multiplexes only transmit a couple of days
worth of data rather than the full 8 days. If you're using the OTA
guide data in the UK (as I am) then i'd suggest using the multiplex
containing BBC ONE as your source for data, it's your best bet for
complete information.

Steve