[mythtv-users] nvidia card on a budget suggestions

Egeekial egeekial at comcast.net
Tue May 31 19:27:53 UTC 2005

Well, I'm not dealing with HD, so I couldn't tell you about that. I can
tell you, though, that I tried using an old Geforce 256 DDR card in my
Mythbox with very little luck (overlay problems, freezing, no hardware
acceleration).

On the other hand, I have a Radeon 9700 Pro in my desktop machine, and
the ATI Linux drivers work flawlessly. The ATI drivers even came with a
nice little program to setup your xorg.conf. It's a simple concept, and
I can't understand why NVIDIA doesn't follow suit. It's somewhat of a
pain to have to go through the FAQ to get the xorg.conf setup properly.

Anyway, I probably have a skewed view of NVIDIA's Linux drivers since I
was using such an old card, but I didn't want to take any chances, so I
just bought a Radeon 9250 for my Mythbox. I'll let you know how it goes
when I get it.