[mythtv-users] No sound from HD-3000 sometime after svn 7031,

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:13:18 EST 2005

On 11/1/05, Shermann Min <shermann at aya.yale.edu> wrote:

> I've been using svn 7031 (from around August 15) and
> decided to check out a newer version. I've compiled
> a few versions over the last week or so, the latest
> being 7651. Watching and recording HD programs on my
> HD-3000 tuner no longer has sound (playing the recorded
> .mpg directly using xine is silent, too). Anyone else
> have this issue? Or is this user error (new feature/
> setting somewhere)? SD content from my PVR-250 card is
> fine.
>  While I'm at it, it seems that subchannels have not
> been working for me for a while now (including 7031).
> It simply tunes to subchannel 1 even though I specify
> subchannel 2 or 3. Not a big deal since HD is typically
> on subchannel 1, but I thought I'd report it in case
> others are seeing the same thing.
>  My system is an AMD64 3000+, HD-3000, PVR-250, Suse 9.2.

No sound on an HD-3000 recording happens on my system, too. It matches
yours, but on Fedora Core 3. I tracked all my "no-sound" events to IOBOUND
entries in the backend log. The system was deleting (AutoExpiring) old, huge
HDTV recordings while the HD-3000 was making new recordings. Could this be
happening on your system? A look at the backend log might shed some light on
"no-sound" recordings.

Now, a question about your second paragraph: How do you tune subchannels? On
my MythTV system (CVS from last June), all I have is individual channels.
Yes, they are numbered 91, 92 - for channel 9 subchannel 1, etc., but I
can't tune them in two steps. I always have to select a single channel.

Could you elaborate a bit about how you specify subchannels? Is this a new
feature in the latest SVN version(s) of MythTV? Thanks.

--
MM