[mythtv-users] Occasional hard freezes

Julian Edwards myth at julian-edwards.com
Tue Nov 1 17:21:14 EST 2005

Ryan Steffes wrote

> Changing to acpi=off did not fix the problem. I'm a little concerned
> with whether it's really off though, it seems to turn on local apic
> before reading the kernel options:

You will also need to clear the ECSD memory in the BIOS to make it
reassign the IRQs.  It's either labelled "reset ECSD" (or ESCD, my
memory is crap) or something like "clear NVRAM".  If there's nothing
like that then you may need to clear the whole BIOS settings with the
mobo jumper.

What sound card are you using in the system?  SBLive cards have known
problems.