[mythtv-users] realtime commercial flagging running but no flags ?

Matt SF spore at psibercom.org
Wed Nov 2 00:59:45 EST 2005

Hi--

a few days back I asked about realtime commercial flagging.  someone
reminded me (and others) that it needs to be activated in the mythtv-setup
area.  I've done that, and the job seems to run almost concurrently with
the show, and finishes about 30 seconds later...not bad.

But if I go to watch a show that's in progress, and about 10 or 15
minutes in, when I hit the Skip command, I get the "Not Flagged" message
on the OSD.

It seems odd that the flagging is running almost concurrently but
apparently hasn't pushed the flag timing data into the database.  After
the show is finished, and the commflag job ends, the flags seem to work
fine.

What am I missing?  any ideas would be welcome, I've tried searching the
archives but came up with nothing.  thanks!