[mythtv-users] DVB scans

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 07:38:41 EST 2005

On 02/11/05, Frank Simorjay <franks at simorjay.com> wrote:

> After laborious efforts I have put together a frequency list of channels
> that seem to work. However the format of the channels.conf file works with
> azap, but nothing else.
>
> I'd like to get the data imported into channel info of myth, I see that a
> script exists for importing channels.conf file that have tzap format, but no
> docs on how to format my data to get to work.
>

> Currently I my file format:
>

> Channel:Freq:QAM_256:0:0
>

> tzap has extra feilds that I can't fake (I think) or at least I'm not sure
> how to collect the info to make my config file work.
>

> here us a azap file format I found
>

> channel:freq:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_7_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_1_2:
>
> QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:
>
> 2307:0:544
>

> not sure what inversion,bandwidth,fec,transmit
> mode,hirarchy,or the third numeric value at the end are.

Why don't you just do a myth channel scan?   In the Channel Setup Page
of mythtvsetup is  a  scan button which, if your dvb card is currectly
installed ( and I think you have to make sure mythbackend is not
running) will be enabled.  Pick a channel from your tzap channels.conf
file and type them into the advanced options and myth should scan for
all the available channels - worked well for me.

Otherwise I believe that there's a zap2myth script that does what I
think you as for, but I've never used it.