[mythtv-users] Re: No sound from HD-3000 sometime after svn 7031,

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:44:14 EST 2005

On 11/2/05, Shermann Min <shermann at aya.yale.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the advice. Regarding subchannel tuning, I cleared
> out my channels and did a fresh scan last night. No luck--still
> just tunes to subchannel 1 even though the OSD claims it's on
> subchannel 2 or 3, unfortunately. Any other ideas?
>
> The log data gives a little more information. It looks like you are still
using V4L driver(s) for the HD-3000 card. The giveaway is the "/dev/dtv",
but I wouldn't bet any money on it because it's been over a year since I
used a kernel older than 2.6.12. You could include the output from "uname
-a", then we would all know for sure. The system log, from boot-up to
HD-3000 registration, would also be of great interest.

So, until either I can see that you are using DVB drivers, or you move up to
a kernel that includes DVB support for the HD-3000, I'll wait here. The 2_1,
9_1, 9_2, etc. notation is something that, after I got rid of it, BOTH the
HD-3000 AND the HD-5000 cards worked very well. Not without an occassional
glitch, but every problem so far has either been easily fixed or otherwise
explained.

Take a deep breath, move up to DVB.

--
MM