[mythtv-users] Preventing bad show for small children

Joshua Lewis jmlewis at dslextreme.com
Wed Nov 2 17:08:30 EST 2005

Does MythTV has some type of content filter to keep out bad shows. Or some
kind of login interface?

If I had a server in the basement and a thinclient at each TV booting from
a network disk image that has lets say KDE as a GUI then the login screen
would show up and each user could select thier own login and then the
mythtv frontend would come up and they could do thier thing.

I am asuming I can restrict login times for the kids so they are not
watching TV all dang day using the OS but how would I filter chanells so
little kids are not watching bad shows or teenagers watching rated R
content while still allowing my wife and I to watch what we want.

I know TV has that little TVG, TVPG ratings and things on the shows. Can
that be used somehow to prevent viewing shows not intended for young
vieweres?

Thank you,
Joshua Lewis