[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Nov 3 10:47:56 EST 2005

Tom Lichti wrote:

> George Nassas wrote:
>
>> On 2-Nov-05, at 3:31 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>
>>> but am I right in assuming that mythtv is just a container for all
>>> the other myth packages? i.e. if I have all the other packages
>>> installed, I don't need mythtv?
>>
>> Yes, that's right. dpkg -L says without it you'll be missing the
>> following files, nothing you can't live without:
>

> Excellent. Crossed fingers! Of course, by the time I get this working,
> SVN will have another protocol change and I'll have to do it all over
> again... :)
>
> Tom

Well, the packages installed correctly, but something went wrong with
the video drivers. When I got home and checked it was constantly
recycling the X server with a message about an unknown video device id,
and trying agpgart with an unsupported option. I don't recall changing
anything to do with X, so I don't understand why this started happening,
but it was obviously something I did yesterday that caused it because it
was fine in the morning. At this point I tried the Fedora Core 4 install
that was posted here a few weeks ago but that did nothing, although I
may not have done it right, the directions are very vague. I may try
again with a fresh Xebian install and see what happens.

One step forward, two giant steps back...

Tom