[mythtv-users] RE: Mythtv -0.18.1 using protocol 15

fred bloggs roppongir7 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:52:25 EST 2005

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>No.  The protocol version has nothing to do with the version of the
>software.

OK... Now I am sure there is probably a good reason for this, but right now
that means that a clean install of Myth/gentoo and a machine running a
mythknoppix frontend can't talk to each other...

Which kind of defeats the whole idea.

Does a standard 0.18.1 support protocol 18? So I can fix my problems by just
changing the header file and recompiling?

Note: Having to do that on gentoo means going outside the standard mechanism
of the package manager:(