[mythtv-users] Re: Is gentoo the way to go?

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Thu Nov 3 10:29:51 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:26:17AM -0500, Myth Lists wrote:
> Have I missed something or do they have pre-compiled packages hiding
> somewhere??

You can do a 'stage3' installation which has precompiled binaries for
most of the base system.  See the installation handbook for details.

The whole 'advantage' of Gentoo is being able to customize it to your
system, hence the reason for compiling on YOUR system.  I lost interest
in that and have migrated all 3 of my Gentoo installs over to Ubuntu.