[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Nov 3 15:12:47 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 10:47:56AM -0500, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Well, the packages installed correctly, but something went wrong with
> the video drivers. When I got home and checked it was constantly
> recycling the X server with a message about an unknown video device id,

That's exactly what happened to me when I updated my system.  Debian
has decided to force us to upgrade from XFree86 to XOrg, so even if
you don't ask for a new X installation you'll get one anyway unless
you manually put a hold on a few packages.  Checking the /var/log/X*
messages for a line with (EE) in it will show you that the new
Xserver can't load the old nForce video driver.

I went to the nvidia site and downloaded a program that will build
the correct module, but it requires a properly-configured kernel
source that matches the running kernel.  I'll try doing that as soon
as I find documentation explaining how linux boots on the XBox (it's
neither lilo nor grub) so I can (hopefully) get it all running on 2.6.