[mythtv-users] Good tuner card?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Nov 3 18:26:31 EST 2005

> Wow, thanks for all the quick feedback.  I'm leaning toward 2 150's then,
> that's cheaper than 1 500.  The machine will have an Athlon64 3500+ in it,
> so decoding will never be an issue.

 	As far as the computer is concerned, 2x150 or 1x500 doesn't
matter.  The only thing to consider is whether or not you may make a
"small form-factor" mythbox.  The small boards don't have many PCI slots.

 	If you have plenty of slots now and in the planned future for your
mythbox, go for 2x150's if they're cheaper.  Otherwise, consider the 500
as it's a bit more elegant... probably produces less heat, too.

-Cory