[mythtv-users] Moving scheduled recordings to new DB / LVM2 group failure

Cory Zerwas gannas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:30:34 EST 2005

On 11/3/05, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 03:32:08PM -0600, Cory Zerwas wrote:
> > ...Is there an easy way to purge the
> > currently recorded programs out of the DB so I just have the core MythTV
> > config, schedules, and recording groups/priorities?
>
> Well the main tables relating to recorded programs are
> anything starting with recorded (recorded, recordedcredits,
> recordedmarkup,
> recordedprogram, recordedrating). You could manually delete the records
> from those tables with a bit of sql.

First, thanks for the reply Stuart.
I'm not a big SQL guy, at least not mySQL, but I will start reading up and
see what I can manage to accomplish. Of course, I'll be sure to keep a
backup handy in the likely event I kill the DB in some bad way.

> Also, if anyone has recovered an LVM 2 member disk's partition table I
> would
> > appreciate hearing about that as well.
>
> You can create a partition table which matches what was there before
> (easy with a single partition on the whole disk) then cross your
> fingers and hope that the data is there. But if you get it wrong
> your data is dead.

Good idea, I was guessing I could give this a shot. The reason I haven't
done so yet is the same reason you mentioned; risk. The drive was just a
single partition so I guess I just have to create a compatible table for LVM
2. I haven't researched any yet in this regard, so there's some more work
for me to do this weekend or next week. (Took next week off work, yay!)
What's so puzzling is why the partition table vanished, since I didn't elect
to do anything with those disks. I even had them unplugged during the
upgrade to prevent such a problem from occurring. This leads me to wonder if
there was a problem occurring just before the upgrade that I hadn't
noticed...

So, in all some good information and it points to some weak areas of
knowledge for me. Thank you very much, I'm off to do a bit of related
reading. If anyone else has a tip, please drop me a message.

-Cory