[mythtv-users] Skip forward doesn't work correctly anymore

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Fri Nov 4 02:24:08 EST 2005

Paul Leppert wrote:
> On 6/26/05, *Michael T. Dean* <mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
>
>     Paul Leppert wrote:
>
>      > On 6/25/05, *Michael T. Dean* < mtdean at thirdcontact.com
>     <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
>      > <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com
>     <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>>> wrote:
>     <snip>
>     You can do the same with
>     mysqlcheck (it's really not important to have mysqlrepair, so don't
>     worry about it).
>
>     mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

I am having a similar problem (maybe the same problem?).

I have run the above and came up with no errors.  I have run the repair on
recordedmarkup.  I have checked the /etc/localtime symlink.  I even went so far
as to delete all the contents of the recordedmarkup table.  Still, the total
time fluxuates up and down and skipping takes a long time to complete.  This
started two days ago, and I didn't do any upgrades to the box or anything else
that I can think of.  For what it's worth, it is a combo frontend/backend box
with a NFS root.  The problem also shows up now on a laptop running mythfrontend
connecting to the combo box's backend.

Any other thoughts on what I can check?  Or what might cause this?

--Darrem Hart