[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and COM Ports

Claude Boucher mythtv.user at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 07:44:50 EST 2005

To my knowledge, the IR Blaster included with 150 (I have one of these,
model 1047) doesn't connect to a serial port and should be controlled by
the lirc_i2c instead of lirc_serial. If you have one of those
transmitter/receiver unit, check this site
(http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=19) for a patch to LIRC and
IVTV.

The instructions provided on the site you mention
(_http://www.lircsetup.com/lirc/blaster/index.php_.) are working well
for the real Serial IR Blaster you can buy from
http://www.irblaster.info. They work quite well, assuming you have a
genuine serial IR Blaster.

Claude