[mythtv-users] HD Stuttering

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 09:35:24 EST 2005

My video looks jerky from time to time here, mostly after fast
forwarding but it comes back a few seconds and goes away.  I run
mythtvfrontend on a P4 2.4Ghz with an FX5200.

I started seeing these problems and never went away since :
- I removed my Sound Blaster Live (used the snd-intel8x0 onboard).
- or when I upgraded to FC4 2.6.13 kernel.

It's not doing it all the time, if I disable audio everything is fine.
 At first as was getting those "Using old OSS blabla".  I fixed that
by installing the asla modules correctly.  Let me tell you that
modprobe.conf and getting sound to not be muted on start up is no fun
when you don't know how.

So I'm planing on putting back my SB Live card in to see if it fixes
the issue.  If that doesn't work, I'll revert back to 2.6.12.

At work, I'm having all sorts of issues with 2.6.13 in term of
performance when streaming video with VLS (80 streams+).  Looks like
performance of threaded applications has gone way down.  I got FC3
installed at work and I'm waiting for an official 2.6.13 to verify my
statement.

Steve M.