[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Xbox

Vladan Bato vbato at ieee.org
Fri Nov 4 10:48:15 EST 2005

Ben Dash wrote:
> If only I could get that lirc working!

I don't know whether it's the same problem I had, but I thought I should
mention it just in case.

I don't have the original microsoft remote, but a cheap aftermarket one,
  which doesn't have a valid device ID.
The result of this was, that it was picked up by the xpad driver (driver
for joypads), instead of xir (driver for the xbox remote).

I know that you use the 2.6 kernel and that the driver for the remote is
different, but if the remote (the dongle actually) has an invalid device
ID it might still get picked up by the wrong driver (or not at all).

If you have the original microsoft DVD kit, then you can probably
disregard this post.

See post #39 in this thread for more information:
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/151698>

You can see a list of usb devices with
$ cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

The P: line contains the device id (Vendor and ProdID), while the I:
line contains the kernel driver name (Driver).

--
Vladan Bato
vbato at ieee.org