[mythtv-users] Configuring GUI display for HD

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Fri Nov 4 12:16:56 EST 2005

entechtaiwan.net's Monitor Asset Manager on a Windows PC should give you a pretty good modeline.
Or, just google around for what modeline's others with your same TV have used.
I could be wrong, but the modeline is all about your display, and should not really
be different from one driver to the next.

When you say the desktop is too big, are you sure that's just not from the unavoidable overscan?
All TV's have overscan and I think CRT's are the worst.  If you have a decent picture but you're losing
the sides, you may be OK - just adjust MythTV's x,y offsets.