[mythtv-users] what does xmltv error code 512 mean?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 4 20:17:26 EST 2005

Nick wrote:

>Which user are you running mythbackend as? I would imagine the same
>user would be used to run mythfilldatabase if you use automatic
>updates (but I'm equally as likely to be wrong as I run my listings
>updates from cron where I can specify the user.)

mythbackend is started when it boots by the init.d stuff.  Taking a look
at that, I find

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
DAEMON=/usr/bin/mythbackend
NAME="mythbackend"
DESC="MythTV server"

*test* -x $DAEMON *||* *exit* 0

*set* -e

USER=mythtv
RUNDIR=/var/run/mythtv
ARGS="--daemon --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile $RUNDIR/$NAME.pid"
EXTRA_ARGS=""
NICE=0

So it looks like the user is mythtv after all, back to square one :-(