[mythtv-users] manual scheduling -> "no upcoming recordings"

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Fri Nov 4 21:11:07 EST 2005

> (or that I should break it up into bite-sized pieces and check it
> directly into the bugtracker, or whatever).

 Bugs should go to the trac along with clear instructions on how to
replicate. And  of course it might help to check and see if that issue has
already been reported.

 UI "enhancement" or usability change requests could be sent in a
list type similar to :

 1. Menu page X might be more intuitive if Y Widget was in Z corner
 with W colour

 2. The wording of Blah isn't very clear, how about blah2blah2blah2.

etc etc And of course be clear and to the point. Noone wants
to wade through screenfuls of chatter to get to the important
points.

> Given the amount of heat a simple list of bugs generated, I'm
> especially reluctant to drag it over there, unless the devos

 I think the real problem you've run into is your presentation
style which while unintentional(I assume) caused a defensive reaction.

 Suggestions and respectful critisim(spl?) are always welcome.

 In fact I've been considering an overhaul of the settings pages and layout
so I for one would like to see a clear and to the point list of you
suggestions. But I can tell you right now that you will get no help from me
if it's just a list of things you don't like demanding to know
why each is done the way it is.