[mythtv-users] OverScan / Vertical alignment

Allan McIntosh amcintosh at atreus-systems.com
Sat Nov 5 13:33:32 EST 2005

Hey,

Can any one suggest a way to move projected image down on TV-Out for
playback of recordings and videos?

    I am using nvidia driver with my FX5200 TV-Out. I have raised the
OverScan value of the Nvidia driver in xorg.conf and
~/.nvidia-settings-rc. I still have about a 1.5 - 2.0 cm strip across
the bottom of the screen I could hide by raising the over scan.
However, I have raised it so much I feel if I keep going I will be
missing some of the intended image. I tried adjusting the Scan
displacement (Y)
in play back settings but it does not seem to move the played back
images at all.

I really only care about play back of videos and recordings, I only use
tv playback for making adjustments, debugging and soforth.

What about  xorg.conf:"ViewPort    x y" ?

Thanks