[mythtv-users] Win-TV Card List

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:36:44 EST 2005

On 11/5/05, hobergenix <hobergenix at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if their was a list of the varrious win tv cards used with
> Mythve that listed compatability. I seem to remember one that talked about
> the varrious cards. I am a little confused on which cards to buy. Example
> pvr-150 vs pvr-150mce. The only think I was told is that the pvr-150 mce is
> the media adition that comes with no software.

The MCE cards are Media Center Edition cards. They typically don't come with
a remote, but often include an FM tuner. Otherwise, they are pretty much the
same as the non-MCE versions. There are 2 exceptions to that rule, though;
there are retail MCE bundles which include a Windows MCE USB remote
(different from the remotes included in the non-MCE packages), and the
PVR-150MCE included in the retail bundle doesn't have an FM tuner.

All of these cards work just fine with the latest ivtv drivers. Just stay
away from the Hauppauge USB devices -- they don't work at all.

Carl Fongheiser