[mythtv-users] dvb channel data into myth.

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sat Nov 5 17:42:35 EST 2005

Frank Simorjay wrote:

>Thanks for the info.
>I'm still a bit unclear as to how you generate your config file.
>

>>>Mine accepted the channels.conf file I generated using tzap and scan
>>>(see http://www.linuxtv.org/). Mine is a DVB-T card.
>>>

>DVB-T terrestrial right?

Yes

> <snip>
>
>So how do you get to your format?

I used 'scan' which is one of the utilities on the

http://www.linuxtv.org/  site I mentioned.

The actual command is like this

./scan dvb-t/canberra-au | tee mychannels.conf

The source for scan, and example tuning data files for many places in the world are in the utilities package (named linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0) This package also comes with szap/tzap/czap   (satellite/terrestrial/cable)

Now, I don't know azap and dvbscan (the utilities you are using). Maybe they're an alternative someone else wrote?  But the ones I compiled from the source from the linuxtv.org package above seem to make myth happy :-)