[mythtv-users] Frozen Video

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat Nov 5 19:09:17 EST 2005

I have a Gentoo box running kernel version 2.6.13-r5, and MythTV 0.18.2
built from Gentoo's portage system.   I'm using a video card with the
nvida nv18 chipset (6600?).  I also have a custom xorg modeline for my
widescreen HDTV.  My video card is connected via a VGA to component
converter.  The screen looks good and regular desktop mode works fine.
The mouse moves.  MythTV menus are displayed and the cursor moves around
when I hit the arrow keys.

The problem is when I switch to a video mode.  The video freezes at the
first frame.  The audio continues and plays just fine.  The freezing
problem occurs whether I'm viewing LiveTV, previously recorded shows,
and even video files via MythVideo.  All of this used to work until I
upgraded hardware and rebuilt my system.

I have no idea what the cause might be or where to start looking.  Any
ideas?

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse