[mythtv-users] dvb channel data into myth.

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Sun Nov 6 04:31:03 EST 2005

John Pullan wrote:

>>I don't thing anyone's using any scripts.  We are simply importing the
>>channels.conf file, as generated by the dvb app utility, into myth using
>>it's 'scan' option.
>>

>>It worked for me using the PLF rpms of mythtv, and it also worked for me
>>using Knoppmyth R5A22.
>>

>See the thread :
>Re: [mythtv-users] KnoppMyth R5A22 seriously broken (was: RE: Mythtv
>-0.18.1 using protocol 15)

How is that related to this problem?  We aren't talking about the
protocol between front and backend.  We are talking about importing
channels.conf?

>I don't mind people using svn as long as they know it's svn. Using
>packages based on svn can cause problems due to claims that they are
>official versions.

Nowhere did I claim anything of the sort.

Just recently Isaac told me I was wrong when I suggested people are
encouraged to only use the 'official' version, but here you are, telling
us it's not a good idea to use svn.