[mythtv-users] MythTV on Xebian

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 11:28:50 EST 2005

On 11/6/05, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> George Nassas wrote:
>
> > One important point here is you don't have to build your packages on
> > the xbox for them to be installable on the xbox. I built mine on my
> > backend which is a puny epia M10000. It took a few hours but the end
> > result is perfectly usable. I posted my packages a few days ago but
> > they're for svn r7600, you'll have to build your own if you want
> > 0.18.1. To build packages you can search the archives for
> > dpkg-buildpackage. I learned everything I know about debian package
> > building from this very list.
> >
> > My xbox was built/hacked in early October. I remember quite a bit of
> > thrashing to get myth installed but that was mostly because I didn't
> > realize about the myth/plugins Qt incompatibility issue. Once I
> > figured that out I lived with just the base myth until I had a second
> > to build my own packages.
> >
> > - George
>
> I couldn't get your packages installed last time I tried. I forget why
> exactly (i've done a lot of stuff since then).
>
> I decided to start with a fresh install of Xebian and compile SVN, but
> that isn't working either. For some reason my qt includes are in a
> different place than where the configure and make files expect them to
> be, and it fails about halfway through. No amount of
> symlinking/copying/environment variables has managed to fix it. I'm
> going to try using your packages again and see how far I get this time.
>
> Tom

hmmm, worked for me?  I compile SVN on my xebian xbox all the time.
It's possible, keep trying.  I wish I could help you more, but it's
been 6 months since I probably last set up the dependencies on the
xbox and I can't remember any of the details, but I was able to do it.

Here's a thread that I started that helped me fix the issues I was
having while trying to compile CVS (SVN now) on the xbox.  I had been
using the packages before that.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/132041?#132041

Thanks!
Matt