[mythtv-users] PVR-350 + PAL tv, over scan problem.

Jason Garrett kingedgar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 18:56:30 EST 2005

Hi, I had this same problem while setting up.

I had to run the frontend in a window, and set the gui size and
offsets to my custom levels.

To get everything set, I  had to swtich my xorg.conf back to that of
my video card, change some settings, then swtich back to the xorg.conf
of the pvr350.

My settings for gui size and offset are as follows...

GUI width    (px): 620
GUI height  (px): 440

GUI X offset: 40
GUI Y offset: 20

Hope this helps you!

On 11/6/05, Niklas Palmqvist <npalmqvist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
>  Installing Mythtv with a PVR-350 on FC4. Have gotten X to display on my tv,
> but I am left with the overscan problem, i.e. I can not see the entire
> desktop on my tv, which is frustrating.
>
>  When I try to run mythtv-setup, I can not see the entire screen either, the
> edges are cut off.
>
>  Have googled and looked at various forums, but no luck so far. Have used
> xvidtune to try and tweak the settings, but have not been able to find a
> good match.
>
>  This is the section on my xorg.conf file:
>
>  Section "Monitor"
>          Identifier "PAL Monitor"
>          HorizSync 30-68
>          VertRefresh 50-120
>          Mode "720x576"
>          DotClock 42.6
>          HTimings 720 760 832 944
>          VTimings 576 577 580 602
>          Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
>          EndMode
>  EndSection
>
>  Any thoughts on how to get this to display properly?
>
>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  Niklas

"Great men are not always wise" - Job 32:9