[mythtv-users] mythbrowser: character deleting using remote ( lirc )

Alessandro Peppino ap21193 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 07:50:04 EST 2005

I've started to use mythbrowser with a remote control
but I've one problem:
I'm not able to configure a button to delete the
characters.
I've tried configuring in .lircrc a button using  \H
( control H ) or the octal representation ( \177 )
without any success.
Using \H nothing happen and using ascii representatin
for DEL ( ascii octal 177 ) a square appears instead
of deleting the character.
No results also using other ascii control like BS
( backspace ) or using their hex representation
Everything works if I use the keyboard pressing
backspace ( ^H )
Any help ?

Thanks in advance

     Sandro