[mythtv-users] Tivo/Yahoo deal - How convenient!

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Mon Nov 7 12:37:38 EST 2005

All these "average consumers" have a public web interface on their
Linksys, Netgear, D-link  routers already. Are Linksys and Netgear
worried about the security risk? Now, because it's off by default
on the public side and only advanced users know how to go in and
turn it on. And if someone does turn it on and get hacked
because they didn't change the default password, nobody blames
Linksys. Plus, TiVo already has a network connection, and although
it's not using port 80, it doesn't mean it's not hackable.

Having a web interface on a home appliance isn't the problem, it's
the $$. Like William said, they want to track what you're watching
and have all that control.